If we find major bugs in the 0.9.6 release, we will create another minor release of the 0.9 branch.
No new features will be accepted for 0.9!
- Python 3 support
- CLDR 1.9
- Extended gettext module with support for msgctxt
Please note that not all open tickets in this milestones are triaged yet so many of them might get rescheduled. If you'd like to see more features/fixes in this release, please provide patches. Our developer time is limited so we try to set achievable goals.
If there is time we might want to tackle some of these items:
- Robust date/time/number parsing
- Improved support for multiple translation domains
Stuff being considered for 1.1 or later:
- Investigate collation, upper/lower-casing, quotation marks
- Investigate support for calendars other than gregorian (help needed!)
- Support for EggTranslations (?)
Tickets related to BabelDjango
This milestone contains all tickets which are not part of the roadmap defined by Babel developers so they won't be fixed for the next release unless someone steps up to champion it, becomes an active member of the Babel team and implements it.