A collection of tools for internationalizing Python applications
'''Babel''' is composed of two major parts:
* tools to build and work with ``gettext`` message catalogs
* a Python interface to the CLDR (Common Locale Data Repository), providing access to various locale display names, localized number and date formatting, etc.
== Quick Links ==
* [wiki:BabelFaq Frequently asked questions]
* [wiki:BabelPlugins Plugins and extensions for Babel]
== [wiki:Documentation Documentation] ==
* [wiki:Documentation/index.html User Guide] ([wiki:Documentation/0.8/index.html 0.8] | [wiki:Documentation/0.9/index.html 0.9])
* [wiki:ApiDocs API Documentation] ([wiki:ApiDocs/0.8 0.8] | [wiki:ApiDocs/0.9 0.9])
Please note that the Babel source tarballs come with comprehensive HTML documentation, encompassing both the generated API documentation and the user guide. The API documentation (courtesy of [http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/ Epydoc]) in particular is a lot better than the version you find here.
== Development ==
The Subversion repository can be accessed via:
See SubversionCheckout for instructions on how to work with a version of Babel checked out from the repository.
Discussion about the development of Babel takes place on the [MailingList mailing lists] or [IrcChannel IRC channel]. Find out more about the people working on this project on BabelTeam.